Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week of June 23, 2013

Rhandy called me up saying he needed a vacation and invited me out for a few days of "fun fishin".  All I had to do was bring BBQ and beer and he would take us fishing and get some rooms at Wes and Jan's Leafy Branch Lodge.  Sounded like a good deal to me.  My wife even added in two home made peach pies to the deal.  I brought along some Black's brisket, Murphy's Irish Stout, and some North Main BBQ ribs.  Rhandy made some of his famous Armadillo eggs.  We lived well.
Overall the fishing was not great, but it was fishing!  We took it real easy, hitting the water around 8 am every morning then coming in before noon and the real heat of the day.  We found a few every day, but nothing like we usually do.  After a shower, some BBQ, and a good siesta, we headed back out every evening around 6 pm and stayed til an hour or two after dark.  Wes and his next door neighbor Tom took us around to some of their holes, and were rewarded with no fish!  Rhandy and I each caught some but our guests didn't.  I blame Rhandy.
 
My biggest fish was about 4 pounds but Rhandy found one around 7 pounds with help from Wes's net.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment