Thursday, November 5, 2015

week of November 2, 2015

A short trip this week with Rhandy Monday afternoon and Tuesday and Dale on Wednesday.  I got out there about 2 pm Monday and Rhandy and I ran around catching lots of small bass on Carolina rigs.  I don't think we ever saw one over 2 pounds.  We planned to spend half a day crappie and half a day bass on Tuesday but it took us a little longer to limit out than we thought.  Rhandy has put out a bunch of new crappie piles and we moved around a lot as the action slowed.  For every keeper we weeded out a lot of little ones.  I ended up with a full limit by the end of the day and Rhandy fileted them up for me.  The four crappie in the photo above were around 2 pounds each.  We have some nice eatin' ahead!

I went out at 6:30 am with Dale on Wednesday and we hit a number of spots with jigging spoons, crank baits, and Carolina rigs.  We finally found one point where they were stacked up and biting almost every cast, but they were all dinks.  Still fun to catch though.  We had hopes maybe a good 'un would show up in the mix but it never happened.  Dale somehow arranged to have an awesome bald eagle do some fishing about 100 yards from his boat.  That was quite a sight.  We went in a little early so I could miss the traffic back in Dallas.

My camera battery was mysteriously dead this trip so thanks to Rhandy for the snap above.

No comments:

Post a Comment