Thursday, September 17, 2015

Week of September 13, 2015

Back again this week for 3 days and 4 evenings with Dale and Rhandy.  I spent 12 hours a day on the water on Monday-Wednesday and 4 hours on Sunday.  The word this week was DINKS.  We caught a few fish but the big fish must have left for vacation.  The biggest we saw all week was a 6 pounder Rhandy caught, a 5 something Dale caught, and a big drum I caught.  The biggest bass I hooked was about 3 pounds but I even caught a sand bass that big.  Both guides worked very hard to find us some bigger fish but it was just not happening.    We did have beautiful weather every day and even my usual rain attraction lasted just a few minutes on Tuesday.
On Wednesday Dale finally found a spot where we caught some fish that were bigger than bait.  I had the last fluke of a color that was working and something took a chomp out of it.  Sort of like the amazing Mighty Bite lure!  I decided to heck with it and kept throwing the chomped on fluke and caught 2 fish with it.  The fluke inspector would not have approved, but the fish did!
Even though we didn't get a big fish all week, we did have fun and caught fish every outing.  Next time out those big fish better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment